Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Thursday, August 13, 2009

Libby's First Day of School

Today was Libby's first day of school! She will be going to all day kindergarten! What a big change that will be from Pre-K which was 2 hours a day, three times a week! Libby will also be riding the bus to and from school! So many changes! Libby is very excited to start kindergarten, and even though she can be very shy, I know she will make lots of new friends and learn so many new things this year! My baby!

Here she is all dressed and ready to go!


Here is Libby at the end of the driveway waiting for the bus.


Grandma and Aunt Ruthanne even came down this morning
to see Libby get on the bus for her first day of school!
Here is Mommy and Daddy with Libby!

I wanted Libby to ride the bus to school, but I didn't want to miss out on taking her to class the first day...
So Mike and I drove to school and waited for her bus to arrive.
If you look closely, you can see Libby poking her little head up behind the bus driver!


Here is Libby getting of the bus at school!
Ironically, when I was little, I rode school bus #4 to school too!


Here is Libby in her classroom getting ready to sit at her table.
There are 4 kids per table. 2 boys, 2 girls. While I was with Libby, the girl at her table hadn't arrived yet! I hope she made it to school! Libby doesn't like boys and probably won't be happy if she is the only girl at her table!


The teacher has instructed the kids to start opening their school supplies!
Libby has been waiting patiently to do this for 2 weeks now!
I figured this would be a good time for mommy to leave!
I'm so proud of my little girl for being so brave, riding the bus and starting a new school with all new friends!
I will be anxiously awaiting her arrival at the end of the driveway this afternoon when the bus drops her off after her first day at kindergarten!

1 comment:

Megan Duchemin said...

...And how was her first day of school and how is mommy? I know today you probably slept but have you figured out what you are going to do the rest of the week?