Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Sunday, October 18, 2009

Mommy's First Haircut...

Well, let me clarify...Mommy's first time cutting Libby's hair! I know, Daring! I've always been one to chop on my own hair. It started way back in middle school when I wanted a spike! I figured I could just do it myself! It was special looking, even for a spike! But I've tried to contain my hair cutting urges with Libby. For one reason, I didn't want her to think it was ok to start chopping her own hair off. Secondly, it's one thing to give yourself a bad haircut, but to do that to your own daughter?! What if the scissors slipped and she ended up with a spiked mullet or something?!

Now that Libby is in school all day, it's harder to get her to the beauty salon for a hair cut. I figured I could handle a simple trim, and she's old enough now to understand that she can't cut her own hair...so I went for it! Libby was actually very excited to learn I was going to cut her hair right in the middle of the kitchen! Mommy was a little slow, but Libby was very patient and sat fairly still the whole time!
Here is Libby after her haircut before I dried it.
Not bad!

The back of her hair was a little tricky. Many of you may not know that Libby actually has very curly hair...underneath! The very top layer of her hair is straight, so I straighten her hair when I dry it. Anyway...it was a little tricky to cut the back because every time I would comb her hair out to cut it, it would boing right back up! As you can see in this picture its a little frizzy in the back. I was afraid it wouldn't lay right when I fixed her hair.


Ta-Dah! Here is the finished product!
It all turned out, even the back! She looks so cute with her short hair!
Overall, the haircut was a success!
(Although now without all the weight of her hair, she does wake up with a fierce bed head! I guess you can't have it all!)

No comments: