Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

Nineteen days ago, Libby had her first loose tooth. Today, it finally fell out! I was away from the house for 1 1/2 hours and on my way back home when Libby called to tell me she pulled her tooth out, that it didn't hurt or bleed! She was so excited! I can't believe I missed it! I tried to get her to pull it out the night before because I could tell it was just sitting in there and she would have nothing to do with it. I'm not sure what her daddy said to her, but she yanked her tooth out the next morning when he was with her!


Here is Libby showing off her gap.
No, it's not much of a gap since her new tooth has already broken
through her gums, but she's proud of it!
The tooth she lost was the tiniest little tooth I've ever seen!
I never thought I'd be one of those parents to keep their child's teeth,
but I talked to the tooth fairy, and she said I could keep just this one!
Just for the record...I DID NOT keep her umbilical stump!

Here is Libby getting ready to go to bed.
She is modeling her tooth fairy pillow I made for her.
It's hard to tell, but there is a pocket in the middle to keep
your tooth nice and safe until the tooth fairy comes and exchanges it for a dollar.
I had to explain to Libby that the tooth fairy is not stealing...
it's an exchange program!
Sometimes she just cracks me up!

Before Libby went to bed that night,
she asked me if the tooth fairy was real.
In the morning when she found her dollar in her pillow,
she said ecstatically, "The tooth fairy IS real!"

That all took place on Saturday. After working Monday night, I did not see Libby until she got off the bus Tuesday afternoon. Do you know what she told me?! She has here 2nd loose tooth already! At this rate she will be toothless by the time Xmas cards come out! She will be the most beautiful toothless wonder I've ever seen!

No comments: