Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Saturday, March 29, 2008

Happy Easter!


This is Libby's fourth Easter now. Its funny to see how she has progressed. Later I will add some pictures from her first Easter when she was 8 months old. I remember that Easter very well, it fell on my birthday that year. Mike and I colored eggs for Libby after she went to bed. I felt like we were a couple of kids again...its was that exciting to us. I think we only colored a dozen eggs. I had gotten a little bunny Easter basket for Libby and we put the eggs in the basket and left it on the dining room table for her...along with about 6 or 7 other presents too! When she got up in the morning we plopped her right down on top of the dining room table, put her little bunny ears on and let her go to town. She picked up those eggs, one in each hand, and she shook them, banged them together, and of course tried putting them in her mouth. She got blue dye all around her lips and on her tongue. She looked so funny. Mike and I just laughed! She had so much fun just playing with her eggs and opening her presents! Later that day I got her all cleaned up and put her Easter dress on. It was this pretty sunny yellow "princess dress" as Libby would call it now! My dad had gone through his second liver and kidney transplant and had just been moved to the rehab hospital. My brothers and I and the grand kids went to the hospital to spend Easter with him there. Dad was released to go home shortly after that in April. He had been in the hospital since November, just before thanksgiving. Now we fast forward to Easter this year...Libby is old enough to color her own eggs and she's too big to sit on the dining room table, but I still get excited getting everything ready for her. She still gets way too many presents...as long as they all fit in her basket its not too many!! I can't help it that she has a large basket! I still dress her up in her Easter dress, and yes she even had the bunny ears on again this year! I'm not sure how much longer I will get by with that! I am happy to say that she has finally grasped the concept of finding the hidden Easter eggs. Last year she understood the concept, but wasn't observant enough to find an egg right in front of her face! This year she was zooming through the house looking for those eggs and was so proud of herself when she found them! Seeing her reminds me why we have children in the first place...its not to have someone to carry on for us...its so we can relive our own childhood!!

1 comment:

TheDobbs-MainsFamily said...

I love your blog - libby is getting so so big - looks just like you still - - can't wait to see you next weekend