Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Friday, June 18, 2010

Ft. Wayne Children's Zoo!

OK, I know I posted a few pics from the Ft. Wayne zoo in an earlier post, but now I have more time for an in-depth look! It was such a cool place! I'm ready for another trip!

This was our first encounter upon entering the zoo. It's a drinking fountain! It looks like the lion is eating your child when they get a drink. How cool is that! Libby thought it was hilarious!


Luckily, she got out alive!


Here is Libby with a tortoise statue. The real turtles are way back behind her, but they were really the size of that statue she's standing next to...maybe even bigger! She thought they were rocks when we first saw them.


Here are Nathan and Libby feeding the ducks. I really think this was one of their favorite parts. That and sitting next to a big peacock, but seeing the recent news I'm glad the peacock didn't attack us!




Time for a train ride! At this point, I think Nathan had had enough of my excessive camera use! He's getting to the age were he isn't all about the pix...unlike my movie star daughter who never shys away from the camera!

This was a little mist park where you could cool off for awhile. They also had little misters throughout the whole zoo. It was refreshing!


Here is Nathan relaxing in the hammock after a long day exploring the jungle!
Indiana Nathan! Haha...it was a safari exhibit.



Libby has never been in a hammock before. She thought it was pretty cool. She was trying to swing in it, but it was too close to the ground and had also been stretched out from all the kids playing on it.


Here is Libby riding a manatee on the carousel.



I think Nathan has actually outgrown the carousel, but Libby made him go on it with her. What a good "big brother" he is to her!


Nathan finally gave in and let me take another picture of him, but he wasn't going for a full blown smile! I can't have it all!


Libby pretending to take a ride on a Kimono Dragon!


Libby riding around the corral on "Jenny the Pony."


Libby and Flash...


...strollin' along.


I think these were supposed to be dinosaur eggs.


I think this was really Libby's favorite part...
The sky ride. (It's like a ski lift.) It kind of made me feel a little nervous! They even have little binoculars for the kids so they can look around! Just look at that face!


Libby is sitting on a cot inside a mosquito tent!



We were at a camp in the African plains. Libby had to pose on each stool inside the tent. She's a funny little girl!

No comments: