Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Saturday, June 14, 2008

Did you know???

As I am sitting here at work in the PICU trying to keep myself occupied by reading a people magazine I found lying around, I learned something interesting and surprising. Being the generous person I am, I though I would share my findings with you! I am sure you will be "wowed" as well! Did you know Yves Saint Laurent is (was) a guy?? I guess I never REALLY stopped to think about it, I just assumed he was a woman! So you can imagine my surprise when I came across the article telling of HIS demise! Sure enough, there was even a picture to prove it! In an effort to further educate my blog spot followers, I copied some words from wikipedia to further summarize Yves Saint Laurent:

Yves Henri Donat Mathieu Saint Laurent (August 1, 1936June 1, 2008)[1][2] was a French fashion designer who was considered 'one of the greatest figures in French fashion in the 20th century' (Daily Telegraph 2/6/2008). In 1985, in Caroline Rennolds Milbank's book Couture: The Great Fashion Designers, she wrote, "The most consistently celebrated and influential designer of the past twenty-five years, Yves Saint Laurent can be credited with both spurring the couture's rise from its Sixties ashes and with finally rendering ready-to-wear reputable".

There you go....now we all know!!

No comments: