Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Friday night off! Woohoo!

The day started with bubbles! Libby was blowing bubbles at Ginger but she has a short attention span, so Libby moved on to the Mama! (I don't chase them around quite like Ginger, the wonder-dog does!)



The little Nemo sitting on the deck railing is actually a bubble blower. Libby gives the Mama a rest a lets Nemo blow some bubbles in her face! It doesn't get better than this!


After our bubble-blowing adventure, we went to my nephew's (Nathan) baseball game. This was their last game of the season because they lost. This was also the first game I had a chance to see Nathan play this year because I work EVERY weekend! It was very exciting! Nathan is still on the pee-wee team. I forgot how entertaining those little kids on the team can be! I can't wait for Libby to play next year! Anyway...in the pic above, Libby is playing in the little play area next to the ball diamond. Look at her stance, her body language, her utter disgust that this little boy is moving towards her in an attempt to play! She was in a "I'm shy and don't like boys mood" I guess!



Here she is again...This time she is trying to leave the little fenced in play area but here comes a little boy. She just stops and waits for him to pass for fear of touching him! Meanwhile, the little boy has something interesting in his hand and stops to ponder it for a while. I think Libby stood there about 7 minutes before the kids grandma told him to get out of the way so Libby could get out! I was dying laughing on the inside! (Because what kind of mother would I be if I laughed out loud!)



Ok...back to baseball...Here is my nephew up to bat. For a minute, I almost thought I was watching Don Mattingly! (For those of you who know me really well, know I know nothing about sports! The only two reasons I know that name is because he is from Evansville and my little brother used to idolize him!) So Nathan hit the ball out somewhere in the outfield and he ran like Forrest Gump! Run, Nathan, Run! (Libby was cheering him on in the stands...it was so cute because she had no idea what was going on! She just liked to yell and clap! She clapped for everyone on both teams!)




Nathan made it to second base and is waiting for the next batter to do his thing!





And he's off! He rounds third and heads into home! The crowd cheers, "Go, Nathan, Go!" Ok, so Libby and I are cheering!




...And here he is after crossing home...taking a quick look behind him to see if he is safe and if anyone is behind him! It's all good! My nephew, the rock star!



After the game, we all went to my dad's house for a cookout. Here are the kids and my youngest brother, Jack, daddy to my nieces, going for a spin on the golf cart!




The kids played on the swing set...Libby learned a new trick...pulling herself up on the rings and flipping through her arms! Watch out Olympics 2016...Here comes Libby! That's my niece, Julianna on the swing.




This is my middle niece, Cassie. She's just hanging around! :)
And that was my Friday off! Poor Libby didn't even make it to bed until 11pm that night. She was so tired. She's an 8pm bed time kind of girl! It was even a hour past my bedtime, too! It didn't even get dark until 10pm! It's so easy to loose track of time....stupid daylight savings time!

No comments: