Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow Day?!

No Mother-of-the-Year Award today for me! We had a little bit of snow last night, which had stopped falling by the time I went to bed. So this morning when I checked my phone for a text message alert for school closings/delays and there weren't any...I wasn't surprised. So I proceeded to get Libby up, dressed and fed and ready for school. I didn't turn on the news because we watch PBS cartoons in the morning! When we walked out of the house I thought, "Hmmm...this is more snow than it looks like!" But that didn't stop me in my big 4wheel drive! As we drove down our country road I was surprised the snow plow had already been through. The road was still not that great but it never is. Once I got to US 31, I was once again surprised that the road was not that clear! I wasn't really slick, just a lot of snow and only one lane semi-cleared. As I passed my brother's house I noticed he still hadn't been home from plowing snow all night last night. I started thinking, "Wow...I can't believe they didn't even delay school today!" We continued on to town, the roads never getting better. We finally arrived at school only to see that we were the only ones there! Hmm, that's strange!? So I called my dad and he informed me all Tipton schools were CLOSED today! Oops! We could have slept in... We could have stayed home! Well we were already in town, so we went over to my little brother's house so Libby could play with my nieces. You know, make the trip worth while! Libby is anxious to go sledding down the big hill in Jack's back yard like she did last year. It's just not warm enough yet, but at least we finally have enough snow!

No comments: