Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back to School!

Monday was Libby's first day at school. She was excited to go back because her kindergarten teacher got moved up to first grade and Libby is in her class again! She was also a little nervous because she was afraid she wouldn't know anyone in her class. I kept reassuring her that at least a few of her friends from kindergarten would be in her first grade class. As we found out on the first day of school, Mama was wrong! There was not one person in her class that was in her class last year! Hopefully she will make some new friends soon! All the first grade classes have lunch and recess together, so she still does get to see her old friends! I was also pleased to learn that there are only 15 students in her class this year! I thought the class size might increase, but it stayed the same, so that is great! Since it was the first day of school, I was there with my camera to capture every moment!! I'm going to be very sad the day Libby decides she's too cool for her mama and the camera!

Here's my big girl waiting patiently until it is time to leave.
She got ready a little early and the clock was moving way too slow for her!

Finally, it's time to go...after a few pictures, of course!
This is her new lunch box.
Isn't she just the cutest?
She's growing up so fast! First grade this year, next year college!


Here she is modeling her new back pack. Notice Clifford sticking out of the pocket. He gets to go to school, too. It's little things like this that let me know she's still my baby!


We made it to school! We looked all around the classroom to see what was new and different from last year. One big change is this year she gets a desk! Last year they had tables! She was pretty excited about the desk! There are four desks together to make a square.


This is her class schedule. I was amused to see first recess is at 9:30 and second recess is at 11:20! That's pretty early to have all your running around time done!


Finally...it's time for Libby to come home! I told Libby the night before school that I didn't know what I would do with myself with her gone all day. She told me I could do what I always did before...sleep all day!


There's my little bug-a-boo! She missed me, I can tell!


She had a good first day!


Now it's time to see what's in her backpack!


As Libby gets her papers out of her folder for me to look at, she begins to get annoyed with my picture taking! So I promised to put the camera away and pay attention to her! She's so demanding sometimes! Geesh!

No comments: