Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Tuesday, August 17, 2010

There IS more than corn in Indiana!

For our second back to school adventure I took Libby and Nathan to Indiana Beach in Monticello. It was a short drive from our house, just over an hour! We had never been before and since Libby had never been to an amusement park I thought it was a good place to start! The weather had been nice the few days prior to our visit, but had started warming up again the day we went and the humidity had come back with a vengeance. We had been at the park literally for five minutes when Nathan saw one of his friends from school! We started off riding some rides. I hadn't been to an amusement park since high school. Let me tell you it is a whole different sensation when you are an adult! I was dizzy and nauseous the whole day which eventually led to a horrific headache! But I endured it because the sound of Libby laughing and screeching on the rides made it all worth it! I had never heard Libby laugh or scream like that before! It made me laugh so hard I cried! After lunch we went to the water park. They had a lazy river, a beach, a sprinkler park, and a water slide. Libby was too little for the water slide, but Nathan was able to go down. It was a long day and the kids were exhausted by the time we were done, but they both had a good time!

Libby and Nathan at the beginning of the day before everybody got all hot and sweaty!

Yummy...nothing better than a bowl of dippin' dots on a hot summer day!

Here is Libby riding some rides in the kiddie playland. I didn't plan this out very well. I took Libby on the big rides first and then let her ride the kiddie rides. They aren't as exciting after you've just ridden a roller coaster!

Just look how excited she is! I think she just learned the definition of lame! Libby's favorite ride was the swings on the long chains that spin around and around.

No comments: