Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Christmas 2010

I love Christmas! I love the decorating, the lights, the ornaments and shopping for my baby! I don't understand my strong desire to give my child everything imaginable for Christmas. She gets plenty through the year, so it's not that I feel I'm depriving her. She doesn't ever ask for anything except "surprises!" I think the real reason I can't contain myself is because I am still a child at heart and I love toys! I love when Libby is opening a present and seeing the expression on her face when she figures out what is inside the package. It's what really fuels my fire! I guess it is a good thing Libby is an only child, because this is what our tree looked like Christmas morning...and yes, all the presents are for Libby:

Libby always starts with her stocking. It is a ridiculously large stocking. I made it for her when she was 1 1/2. My mom made our stockings when we were little and we always thought they were huge. Again, I went over the top and super-sized the stocking. She does love it though. She was happy to find a Webkinz inside! It's a little lamb she named Shaun the Sheep.


Modeling her purple peace sign bracelet.


OK, maybe Libby is a little deprived. Here you see she is holding a purple ball, but it's not just any ball. It is a water and glitter-filled bouncing ball than can be found in the dollar bins at Walmart. Every time we are in the toy isle, Libby picks up one of these balls and plays with it. She never asks for it, she just gives me that look like she is dying for such an awesome ball, waits to read my expression, then puts the ball back in the bin. You can imagine her surprise when she found the ball in her stocking for Christmas! She gasped, squealed, and giggled in delight and then said, "Oh I've always wanted this ball! I knew Santa would give it to me!" There you go! That's the stuff that keeps me going!


Libby's latest obsession is Selena Gomez. Every time we are in the truck, Libby wants her Selena Gomez CD on. She will walk around singing her songs. She even has a Barbie she named Selena Gomez. Now she has another Selena Gomez CD. It just doesn't get any better!


Santa usually leaves Libby some snacks in her stocking. But this year he ran out of room, so he left her an entire bag full of snacks. Libby thought this was hilarious. It is kind of funny when you think about it. How many kids get a bag of groceries under the tree for Xmas? And, how many kids would love it? Mine!


Binoculars! A little off the wall, but she loved them!


Every year Mike gets Libby some type of jewelry for Xmas. This year she got a silver heart necklace with a blue topaz in the center. It's pretty cute. She wears it almost everyday.


Barbie is high maintenance...she has her own Vacation Glam Jet, and now, so does Libby!


I must have gotten these pictures out of order...Here is Libby opening her necklace from her daddy...

...and here she is modeling the necklace. It's hard to see past her loud Xmas jammies, but look closely and you will see it!


Libby was especially excited to find a Peyton Manning Colts jersey under the tree. She doesn't really watch football, but her Daddy does and he doesn't like the Colts. So ever since Libby was a baby I've been training her to say, "Go Colts!" to her daddy when there is a game on. Also, the Colts came to Libby's school, along with Blue and the cheerleaders. She said Peyton Manning was there, too. Since then, she's been a Peyton fan.


Just after Thanksgiving, Libby saw a commercial for a snuggie and she said she wanted one. Then she kind of forgot about them. When she tore off the wrapping paper and saw she got a snuggie for Xmas she said, "A snuggie! I've always wanted one!" That Santa, he sure is a smart, jolly old fella!


Dr. Barbie - the neonatologist...well, she's probably just a pediatrician, those babies look pretty healthy.


Yes, I'm that kind of mommy! Libby and I are wearing matching Xmas jammies! Libby thought it was so cool! Let's see what she thinks of this picture when she's 17!


Libby got lots of new games for Christmas, but one of her favorites was Shrek Operation. We played one game, then she decided she better practice a little more before we played again!
Christmas always goes by so fast! We always leave the tree up a little long because we like looking at it. One year, I had taken it down just before February! But I'm almost positive Libby and I will be taking the tree down next weekend. I'm sad for a few days, but then I start planning for Libby's birthday, in July, and it's like Christmas all over again!!

No comments: