Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tea Party, Curly Hair and School Delays, oh my!

Such excitement all in one week! A day with Libby is never boring and I am thankful for that. Sometimes I wonder if all kids are this entertaining, or is it just mine? Or, am I just easily entertained?

Always one to pose for a picture, Libby models her monkey hat and coat she got for Christmas. She really is such a monkey! A few months ago, she asked me why I started her in gymnastics (she's been going since she was three). I told her she always used to jump on the bed and do somersaults, so I figured she must be part monkey, so I took her to gymnastics. She was very amused at my answer.

Here is one of the outfits Libby got for Christmas. It looks so stinking cute on her! She let me take a picture, but she wanted her Tootsie roll in the picture, too. Notice her hands...

I think I may have done some permanent damage to Libby by always straightening her hair. It is curly underneath, but straight on top, so I have to blow it out straight. The girl is fascinated with curly hair now! She gets so excited when her hair is curly. She likes to have her hair braided so when she takes the braids out, her hair is curly.


Curly hair...like a dream come true!



Libby and I were having a little tea party with the set she got for Xmas. Some of her friends stopped by to join us...Santa, Rudolph, Penguin, and Snoopy. It was most delightful.


I had to instruct Libby on lifting her pinkie up while she sipped her tea. And yes, that really is tea in the cups! Because what is the point of having a tea party without tea? Not any party I would want to attend!



Libby's school was cancelled today. When I told her, she clapped, cheered and jumped for joy! She said, "Yay! No homework!" The next sentence out of her mouth was, "Mommy can I work in my homework book?" That is what she calls her little workbook we have at home for leisure time! I hope she stays this excited about learning, studying and homework her entire life! My little genius!

No comments: