Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Friday, January 7, 2011

Highlights since September

Great news (for me anyway)...I'm back from my blogging sabbatical! OK, so it wasn't a planned time off, apparently I thought I was too busy, or didn't have much to say, or...? But I am motivated to start again! And since my last entry is from September, I thought I would do a quick catch up! It was hard to pick out the highlights, but I think I have it narrowed down to these...from most recent to most ancient! Enjoy and thanks for remembering my site still exists!





My friend Vosko and I thought it sounded like a great idea to take the kids to the children's museum on Xmas Eve-Eve. I think every other parent in the metro area had the same idea! It was a nightmare! Luckily, the kids don't notice over-crowding like the adults. We spent the whole day there, but strangely enough only visited a few exhibits. The mamas were exhausted when we finally reached the car, the children were unfazed! Anyway...this is a picture of Josie and Libby playing with Toto on the Wizard of Oz stage while we were waiting to go into the planetarium (which I decided was a great place to take a little doze).




Josie and Libby outside the Barbie exhibit. Notice Libby is holding Barbie's hand. She thought she was being clever. Last time, she put her face in front of Barbie's sunglasses so it looked like she was wearing them.



This was our Xmas get-together at Summer's house. Now that our kids are older and in school it's harder to get the kids together. It's easier if you just tell all the kids to make funny faces...that way you don't have the one child not smiling (mine)!




This picture would make more sense if the next picture came first...Libby got a letter from Santa this year! She was really excited. She especially liked the Rudolph sticker on the back of the envelope.



If Libby new anything about post marks on mail, she would have appreciated this letter was mailed from Anchorage, Alaska!



Libby and I made Christmas cookies this year. It was lots of fun. We haven't made cut-out cookies for a few years! Libby loves the sprinkles! Everything we make always gets sprinkles.



We went to Josie's Birthday party! She is 3 years old now! I love seeing Libby and Josie play together. Libby acts like such a big sister and Josie refers to Libby as, "My Libby." It's so sweet.



Lucky for me, Libby loves to have her picture taken. And she especially loves to have her picture taken for our annual Christmas card. Some poses are normal...



...and sometimes I get this! Or even...



...this! She's my little superstar!



Of course at the first sign of snow, Libby was ready to go outside and play in the snow, build snowmen, go sledding, etc...no matter that there really wasn't enough snow to do any of this! Here is Libby "sledding" down the little miniature hill in our yard.



Notice the grass peeking through as Libby makes her snow angel.



Libby loves when her cousins come over to play. Libby loves it when anyone comes over to play, actually! Here are the girls snuggled up on the couch together watching a Barbie movie.



Earlier the same day, we went to Breakfast with Santa. Here is Libby singing with the high school "glee club" aka, the young originals. Libby didn't look at me once while she was singing and I was trying desperately to take her picture!



Here are the girls acting silly at Breakfast with Santa. Julianna was unable to come because she was sick. The girls kept wanting to get an extra activity to take home to her.




This is the first time in all of Libby's six years that she actually made eye contact with Santa and talked to him! I'm sure it was because her cousins were already up there talking Santa's ear off! Libby asked for surprises, a DSi, and an iPod. She only asked for the iPod because the other girls did. She didn't even know what it was! Well, until she opened one on Christmas!



Now that Libby is getting older, we can start doing really fun stuff...like going to the Moscow Ballet Russian Nutcracker! We had gone to Mary Poppins in September and Libby loved it. I wasn't sure if she would like the ballet since the performers don't talk. She was entranced through the whole performance and was dancing like a ballerina the next day. She even said The Nutcracker was her favorite! (This is Libby all dressed up for the ballet).




As I said earlier, Libby loves it when anyone comes over to play with her. So she was ecstatic when she had a friend from school come spend the night! It was the first time a school friend had come over! Usually it's just my nieces that spend the night. I had never heard Libby laugh so much. Those girls were nonstop gigglers!



Again, these pictures would make more sense if the next pictures came first. One very cold and windy morning Libby ran at her first cross country meet. Well first running of any kind! My brother, Jack, is the athlete in the family. He likes taking his girls to races and what not. One night they were at our house and invited Libby to participate in a run they were doing the next morning. Libby was so excited about the race.



Unfortunately, the race was a mile long and she had no idea what to expect! Here is my little jogger not long after the race started already looking like she's had enough. But she kept going and going and going! She finished the race last, but I was so proud of her for doing it at all! She got a ribbon, too, which she thought was super cool! She later confessed that she did have to walk for a few minutes because her breath was gone and it hurt! I love that kid!




Here are three of the girls getting lined up for the start of the race getting last minute advice/direction from my brother. Did I mention it was only hmm...25 degrees this day, well maybe 32?!



And here we are at Halloween. This is Libby dressed up as Supergirl for school.




And this is Libby dressed up as a bush for trick or treating. She wanted to be a bush because Nathan was a bush last year and she thought that was hilarious. And she LOVES Nathan and pretty much wants to do everything he does.




Here is Libby picking out the perfect pumpkin at the pumpkin patch. I kept offering to help her carry it, but she's a big girl now and wanted to do it by herself! Sometimes she will flex her arm, squeeze her bicep and tell me, "Feel my big guns!"




This is just a random picture, but I just love it because Libby looks so darn cute and smart! Look at her...She has Harvard written all over her!



Here is Libby anxiously awaiting the start of "Mary Poppins, the Musical." It was her first experience with the theater. She loves Mary Poppins, the movie, but I was afraid she wouldn't like the differences between the movie and the musical. The only thing she said was at the start of the musical was, "Look Mommy, that is the real Mary Poppins, but it isn't the real Jane and Michael Banks!" She really makes me laugh sometimes.



Libby has lost a few teeth and had a few come in. That is one beautiful smile. I always thought kids look goofy when they start losing there teeth. But no, not my kid...I thought she was adorable! I'm not biased...it's just fact! Look at that face!


Well this brings up to the end of our show! I hope you stop back by soon! I will be adding Christmas pictures in a few days!

No comments: