Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Thursday, April 17, 2008

Let's Go Fly a Kite!







For those of you who don't know, one of Libby's favorite movies is, "Mary Poppins." I'm sure everyone is familiar with the scene at the end where the Banks family skips off into the sunset to go fly a kite while singing, "Let's Go Fly a Kite." So for Easter, the Easter Bunny left Libby a kite in her basket. It was finally warm enough and had just the right amount of wind last week that Libby was finally able to go outside to fly her kite. I tried to talk her into waiting until daddy got home from work but she insisted on flying it right away. Did I forget to mention I only remember flying a kite once in my lifetime and that was when I was little (young enough that my parents were still married)! It was on a family vacation in Colorado and we flew kites on a mountain. So here I am with my 3yr old and myself, trying to fly a kite. You may not be surprised when I tell you it wasn't very successful! We did get the kite off the ground, but only to have it come crashing down moments later. After a few attempts Libby decided we should call daddy and see if he was on his way home from work. Libby was talking to daddy and he must have been saying that he was still working and would be a while, to go ahead and fly the kite with mommy. Then, in this very matter of fact way, at a slightly elevated volume, Libby states, "MOMMY DOESN'T KNOW HOW TO FLY A KITE!" I thought I was going to lose it. You could hear Mike laughing on the phone as well. He was still laughing when he got home! Luckily, Libby and Daddy were able to have many successful flights after he got home from work. She even requested that I sing the "Let's go fly a Kite" song while, you guessed it....she flew her kite!

No comments: