Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Dumped by the babysitter!

I think this ranks at the top of the list for things that make your day suck! I got a call from our babysitter letting me know that she has dropped Libby and picked up a new full time kid to replace her. On a regular basis, Libby only goes to the sitter every other Monday...twice a month...and if anything comes up I may take her over there randomly, but that hardly ever happens. But I always knew I could if I had to do something. And Libby hasn't been over since before Easter because of my screwed up schedule....So I do understand why she dumped us...But it doesn't make it any easier to accept! It was like I got the rug pulled from under my feet! I was, and still am, quite upset by this. I took for granted how lucky I was to have a sitter that I knew and trusted, that I knew took good care of my baby, fed her, gave her naps, etc! This was Libby's first sitter and she has been going there since she was 16months old! Now I'm faced with finding another sitter or daycare...I don't know anybody in this little town I live in!! I'm going to have to send my baby to a stranger! I'm really stressing about this. Of course I realize "my baby" is nearly 4, but it doesn't make it any easier to just send her somewhere and hope it works out! Its almost like I feel like I was dumped by "Mr Right" instead of the babysitter...I'm that crushed! I realize it doesn't sound so bad because Libby does only need a sitter twice a month and I can change my work schedule so she doesn't have to go at all...but I was getting ready to get a 2nd job because we are so crazy broke and I was really going to need a good babysitter. Now I just don't know! I don't envy you moms who live in the big city and have to just randomly pick someplace to send your kids! Its so crazy! OK...back to my mourning process...

1 comment:

Katie said...

Haha! I hope you find somewhere where they don't throw the babies down the stairs and let them smoke cigarettes! Just kidding!