Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat....



Anyone who has ever watched "Friends" is familiar with Phoebe's "Smelly Cat" song. Well I have my own smelly cat story! Saturday night when Libby & I got home I smelled this awful smell right before we reached the door....it smelled of dead animal. It was dark out so we couldn't really see anything. I looked around the deck to see if there was anything laying around. I didn't see anything. I made the mistake of telling Libby it smelled like there was a dead animal somewhere. She wanted to see the animal, know what kind of animal it was, where it came from, everything about the animal! I told her daddy would just have to look for it tomorrow when it was light outside. Don't you know, first thing out of her mouth when she woke up the next morning was, "Did daddy find the dead animal yet?" We all went outside to look around for this animal. Mike finally found it... It was a dead cat that had gotten under the deck and wedged between the old concrete step under the deck and the deck itself. Hmmm....how to get this animal out from under the deck??? Mike suggested cutting a hole in the deck. No, I don't think so, Honey! I suggested we get my nephew, Nathan, to crawl under the deck and get it. Nathan was agreeable to this...for $20! Quite the deal on our part, I think! Nathan crawls through the steps of the deck to get under the deck....He has gloves on and a trash bag with him as well! He finds the cat...then we hear, "OOOH MY, GROSS, YUCK! EEWW!" We ask him what he sees...(meanwhile we are all trying not to laugh)! He says the cat has an eye missing a little worms (maggots) are coming out of it! He then decides he doesn't want to get the cat...its not worth $20! After Nathan get out, we once again try to figure out how to get the cat, the smelly cat, out! Once again, Mike is contemplating cutting through the deck. Again, not my first choice! I suggest pulling the lattice off and Mike crawling under the deck to get the smelly cat. By this time Libby is so excited about seeing this dead cat she can hardly stand it. Somehow Mike cons my brother, Todd into crawling under the deck to pull this cat out. SO, being the good sister I am, I take pictures and post them on the Internet of my brother crawling under the deck to pull out and old smelly cat! And that is what you see in the first picture! Of course, Libby is dying to see this cat, so when Todd gets out she is begging to see the cat, even though Todd assures her that she doesn't want to see it. Libby is sure that she does...that is the 2nd picture...the dead cat in the bag that Libby saw. You couldn't really see much except its fur. I think she was disappointed she didn't she any worms!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that is definitely gross. Your daughter is a riot. So glad the dead cat didn't scar her for life. Most princesses you would think would be sensitive to that kind of thing. . .I think. LOL, I wouldn't know from experience or anything since I have boys.

Mama B said...

Hey now tiger!!! There are never enough parties to celebrate Shelly B! Plus I am actually leaving this time. I SWEAR!