Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Libby's Day at the Park



I'm sure everyone noticed what great weather we had last week....That includes Libby! Last Thursday Libby wanted to go to the park and play after she got out of school, so that's what we did! My poor baby hardly ever gets to go to the park for a few reasons: 1) Its all the way in town, 20 minutes away from our house, 2) She has a playground at home, 3) I ususally can't stand the kids that are there! But on this day, there weren't any kids there...I guess it was still too early! Here are some pics of her adventures there! The top one is Libby on a tire swing merry-go-round thingy! There are 4 or 5 of these tires swings on one central post and you push them around like a merry-go-round. Sounds easy right?! It's a pain in the ass to get that thing going! Especially when there is only one kid on the tires! You either have to run with it to get it started (BTW - I DON'T RUN!) or grab the tires as they come around and give them a big shove. These tires swing every which way so its harder than it sounds. This is one toy I always look for other kids to be on with some aggressive parent standing nearby who thinks its fun to get that swing going! As I said earlier, we were the only ones there! So I put on my "Super Mommy" cape and got that thing a-spinning! The funny thing is, that same tire merry-go-round was there when I was little and my parents brought us kids to the park and we always wanted to swing on it....I now understand their pain!! The next pic is Libby on the jungle gym getting ready to go down the slide...no pain for me! The last pic is Libby in a big wooden hamster wheel. As you can see, she is not big enough to spin that thing around herself. So once again I pull out my "Super Mommy" cape, that I keep hidden descreetly in pocket, and jumped on in that hamster wheel with Libby. Talk about a workout...that thing is hard to get moving! And did I mention I'm holding Libby's hand so she won't fall while I am trying to get the wheel in motion! Again, this all comes off effortless to my dear innocent unsuspecting daughter....ahh the powers of the cape! A day of fun in the park for the kiddos = mommy boot camp for the parents!

No comments: