Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Miseducation of Katie Krise

I was driving home from work this morning struggling to stay awake because my "phone-a-friend" Katie did not answer her phone. Luckily the INDOT has put those very helpful bumps on each side of the highway to help keep me awake anytime I swerve a little too far to the left or to the right! Anyway...As I continue to make my best effort to make it home safe and sound, I try to find some good music on the radio to sing along to so that I might stay awake that much longer! (Luckily for me, and the other people on the road, there isn't much traffic at 7am!) It must have been my lucky morning because I found a radio station that was playing the BEST songs from the BEST big hair bands of the late 80's and early 90's! I was getting ready to rock it out to Skid Row's "18 and Life!" I loved that song! I loved Skid Row, back in the day! Sebastian Bach was so hot! It made me reminiscent of my high school days back in FL...when the band was popular! But, back to my story....So here I am, trying to rock out to Skid Row, trying to do my best rocker chick impression, trying to stay awake, trying to make it home...and my phone rings! Why, it's my "phone-a-friend" Katie. She accidentally had turned her ringer off. While we are sharing what little bit of my drive home that I have left, I discover that Katie does not know Skid Row! I'm speechless. Well it is my duty as her life coach, her mentor, her friend to educate her in the things she is lacking! So here is my educational tidbit on Skid Row, for the benefit of my protoge Katie:
This is Skid Row...Lead Singer Sebastian Bach is second from the right. Oh just look at that fine piece of meat! That hair, that face, that leather! What would Perez Hilton say, Yummy Yummy Screw?! (I know Katie is laughing if no one else!)



Here they are again...I'm sure a photo circa 2008 of the band would be quite scary but pretend is 1989...Yummy Yummy Screw!
About the band:
Skid Row is an American Heavy metal band, formed in 1986 in Toms River, New Jersey. They are named after Phil Lynott and Gary Moore's first band. They were most successful in the late eighties and early nineties when their first two albums with lead singer Sebastian Bach and drummer Rob Affuso were multi-platinum successes. They are often associated with glam metal, partly due to their appearance and their sound on their debut album, Skid Row, which spawned the hits "18 and Life", "Youth Gone Wild", and "I Remember You" for the band.
And there you go! Consider yourself educated!

No comments: