Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Saturday, August 9, 2008

My Baby is Four!

I just got back Libby's four year old pics back from the photographer and have posted them all around this blog....so take a look around and see how big my little girl is getting! I hope you enjoy her pics as much as I do! She's just so unbelievable!

What an unexpected emotional time this has been! My baby is now four years old! It doesn't seem like too long ago when I brought her home from the hospital, but ironically it also seems so long ago because those memories are already fading away. As I spend each day with Libby and watch her grow and learn and become such a grown-up little girl, it seems impossible that only four years ago she was this tiny little baby totally dependent on me for everything. She is now so independent and strong, but still that lovable and cuddly little girl she was then. I am so proud of the person she has become and miss the little baby that she was. It is bittersweet! Libby turning four has been harder for me than any of her other birthdays....I think its because of not what this year brings, but what the following year will bring! Next year, she will be turning five! Five! Not only will she be starting kindergarten, but she will be going ALL DAY! Where is my year of transition? I'm supposed to be eased into this! What is to become of me?! I will have to rediscover what and who I was before Libby came along to fill my days! It's been so long I don't even think that person is around anymore...not that I would want to be that same person again. The realization that I am going to have to create a new me is even harder! My baby is growing up, soon will be at school all day and will not need me in the same capacity as before! I can't even imagine what it will be like when she "really" grows up and goes off to college! Yes, I may be getting ahead of myself, but these are just the things going through my head now that my little girl is four!

No comments: