Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Saturday, May 10, 2008

Dinner Conversation

Before coming to work tonight, I had dinner with my little family. At first, the topics of conversation were fairly normal (as normal as can be with a 3 year old)! I think we started by talking about my nephew Nathan. Libby made some comment about Nathan's dad, Todd. I was trying to explain to her that Todd is Nathan's dad, but he is Libby's uncle because Todd is my brother. Relationships are such a hard concept to explain to a child. Then she was trying to be funny (because I assure you, she knows the answer to this question!) and asked who is her daddy. Playing along, we said, Mike is your daddy. Then she started asking about Mike's dad, who passed away before I met Mike. Mike said that he has a dad, but he passed away and is not around anymore. Libby asked where he was. Mike further explained that when you pass away, you die and aren't around. Libby, the queen of 200 questions, proceeded to ask why he died. We explained to her that he was sick with a bad heart and that's why he died. Just wait...it's about to get good! Libby then asks where Mike's dad is now. I explained that he lives high up in the sky above the clouds with Jesus now. She then wanted to know how Jesus got him up there. Being the quick thinker I am....I say they went up the stairway to heaven! Mike lost it! He started laughing and I tried not to laugh! Of course, Libby didn't get the reference, but was most impressed anyway and says, "OH MY GOSH!" I just simply smiled and said, "Yes isn't that fantastic?!" She agrees and that is the end of our dinner conversation!

2 comments:

TheDobbs-MainsFamily said...

Happy Momma Day - love Kennita (aka Christopher's Momma)

Mama B said...

Your hysterical!!!!