Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


It's days like this when I love my baby 10x more than any other day! When I got home from work this morning my routine was the same as any other weekend when I stumble through the door just trying to make it to my bed before I fall asleep! (Thanks Katie for talking to me on the drive home so I wouldn't fall asleep driving, which I do way too much!) I go to the living room and find Libby sitting on the couch watching a movie, just waiting for me to get home so her day can go on without me. I talk to her for a few minutes, give her as many hugs and kisses as I can squeeze into five minutes and ask her about her night. Then I ask her if she's ready to tuck me into bed. (This is all part of our every weekend routine!) Libby waits at the bottom of the stairs, at which point I run upstairs and hide so she can find me! Once I've been found, we go to my room and we both crawl into bed. Then Libby will sing me night-night songs! I used to get about 10 songs, now we're down to one song. This morning (this is the part that deviates from the normal routine) Libby sang "Happy Birthday to you!" to me, and when she was done she says, Happy Mother's Day! Awww! How sweet! Then as if my day could get any better... This afternoon, when its Libby's nap time, she comes to wake me up. She has a "prize" for me.... A little teddy bear holding a heart shaped box and a card (I'll post a pic later!). She is so proud of herself as she hands them to me and says, "Happy Mother's Day!" She had picked my prize out all by herself. She crawls up into bed with me and sits on my lap, offers to open my card for me. It is a singing care bear card...the little care bears are singing some sort of mother's day song. She loves it and opens it a few more times for me so I can hear the song again. I give her big hugs and tell her thank you, then I tuck her into bed for her nap! Now here I am, wasting away the afternoon blogging until my baby gets up from her nap!

P.S. - There are no signs of my "mother's day dinner" anywhere! I think I have to cook it myself!

2 comments:

Katie said...

No Mother's Day dinner? What? Well anyway, Happy Mother's Day!!!

Mama B said...

Happy Mother's Day Mizz J! Yes, that is your new name!