Princess Libby -- She's all that!

Libby - Six Years Old (July 2010)

Music


Thursday, May 1, 2008

Moving into the 20th Century!




I really wish I had a picture of my kitchen before my "before" picture on the left so you could get a true appreciation of how nonfunctional my kitchen is! For those of you who are unaware...I hate my kitchen! It is nice and big but other than that I have nothing positive to saw about it. My biggest peeve is the height of my counter tops. They are low, low, low! Apparently, they were custom made for a previous owner whose wife was very short. Nice sentiment for her, who was 4' something....for my 5'6" self, it just doesn't make my day! To top it off we didn't have a dishwasher. Doing dishes at a sink that is below my waist does not "create joy" for my back! For this reason, I loathe doing dishes! BUT, as you can see in the photos....We now have a dishwasher!! Yippee!! Mike had to cut away some of the useless cabinets that were next to the stove and build up the counter tops so the dishwasher would fit! In the finished picture on the right you can kind of see the progressive build up from the sink as it makes its way over to the dishwasher and stove! Now my counter top is the same height as my stove! I didn't know what to do when I was making dinner last night! Now, I'm not blind...I know this isn't a picture you would see in Better Homes & Garden (well maybe in a "before" photo) but right now it totally works for me...until we can afford to gut out the kitchen/laundry/bathroom and create the kitchen/laundry/bathroom of my dreams! I'm sure all of you are sharing my joy right now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay for you, I feel your pain, I didn't have a dishwasher until I moved into my current house 4 years ago. On a more positive note, what age is it when you start shrinking? Maybe you'll be there soon, then your low countertops won't matter anymore. LOL